Rules and regulations for the South Central Gun Club (SCGC)
NRA FUNDAMENTAL RULES OF FIREARMS SAFETY
ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SOUTH CENTRAL GUN CLUB (SCGC) RANGE
1. Each person on SCGC property must have a club membership card. Anyone who does not comply with this rule will be asked to leave the property.
- SCGC membership includes use of the facility by immediate family: spouse, school age children/dependents & grandchildren.
2. All SCGC matches and events are strictly “cold range”. All firearms are to be unloaded at all times during these activities. At all other times:
- Rifles & Shotguns not on the firing line are to be unloaded with their actions visibly locked up or chamber flag inserted or properly cased.
- When not in use Handguns are to be cased or holstered. A loaded handgun being carried in a properly designed holster suitable for daily use is considered safe.
3. Hearing and eye protection are required while on the range.
4. Alcohol or drugs are prohibited on the range.
5. The officers of SCGC shall have a key to the Clubhouse and the Clubhouse may only be used at times when an officer is present. The officer present shall be responsible for the Clubhouse and the Clubhouse shall be left in good condition.
6. Each person shall be responsible for cleaning the range after shooting including targets and brass/shotshells. All target material must be removed from the range.
7. Target stands are available for members.
- No Glass, Ceramic or Concrete Targets
- All projectiles must impact the berms. No targets are to be placed at the top of the berms.
- Do not shoot metal range targets with high power rifles. The high power rifles will destroy our permanent targets unless it is rifle rated.
- Do not put targets on wooden spools, props or barrels, they are used for USPSA matches and are to be considered a club resource.
8. No machine guns, bump fire stocks or exploding targets on the range except with the permission of the officers.
9. No photographs or digital recording of any other shooters unless permission is given by the person being photographed.
10. Guest Policy
- Guests are limited to two adults per member.
- Member is responsible for all guests.
11. When more than one person is using the range, rifle shooters will use the far North bay.
- Rifle bay distance will be limited to that of the occupied pistol bays.
- No shooting behind other persons will be allowed.
- Shooting distance is limited to the depth of the bay, even with the length of the side berms.
12. Use of the range for group events may be arranged with approval from the club officers.
- Businesses may not use SCGC facilities for advertising or promotion.
13. All members have equal rights to use the range, including law enforcement departments that have a paid membership.
- Law enforcement officers that are members are specifically not allowed to use their law enforcement status to preclude other members from using the range.
- The paid law enforcement memberships do not extend to other agencies for the purposes of group training.
Any member who violates any of these rules will be suspended. Please read these rules carefully and be sure that members or guests do not violate any of them. We have had a lot of damage at the range and we must enforce these rules to avoid further damage or loss of the range.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
- An Application for membership can be downloaded online from www.southcentralgunclub.com
- Each applicant is to be approved by at least two current officers.
- All new members must participate in an orientation process. This orientation will be administered and approved by one of the following club leaders:
- Current Officer
- Past Officer
- Current Match Director
- Club RSO or Instructor appointed by SCGC leadership
- LE Department Training Officers
- Club orientation may be completed at sanctioned club events or by appointment. Orientation can be completed prior to approval and may be scheduled during the monthly meeting.
- Discussion of Firearms Safety
- Inform Applicant of the Club Rules
- Introduction of the Range and Property
- Demonstration of Safe Firearms Handling
If you have any questions, please contact one of the officers.